now browsing by tag
BREAKING NEWS: THE Donegal County Board has issued a statement on the departure of Rory Gallagher (right) and two other senior members of the support team around county manager Jim McGuinness.It said Jim McGuinness informed the Board of his plans to change his backroom team.“CLG Dhún na nGall were informed by Senior Football Team Manager, Jim McGuinness of his intention to make changes in his management & support team,” says the statement. “He subsequently confirmed that Rory Gallagher and Maxi Curran will not be involved in the Donegal management team for the 2014 season. Francie Friel, who was involved in the backroom team, will also not be involved in 2014.”The statement adds: “CLG Dhún na nGall wish to acknowledge the immense contribution made by Rory, Maxi & Francie to our success over recent years, and wish them well in the future.” BREAKING NEWS: STATEMENT FROM COUNTY BOARD ON DONEGAL MANAGEMENT RESIGNATIONS was last modified: September 18th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BREAKING NEWS: STATEMENT FROM COUNTY BOARD ON DONEGAL MANAGEMENT RESIGNATIONSDonegal GAAJim McGuinness
Two young men have been charged in connection with the death of a 19-year-old Irishman in America.Liam McGlinchey, from Buncrana, was found dead after a night out with friends while celebrating passing exams.Liam died as a result of alcohol poisoning after being left lying outside his grandmother’s house in New York. Two men have now been charged with criminally negligent homicide.Samuel Heroux (21) of Cohoes and Isaiah DePiazza (19) of Foxwoods Drive, Clifton Park, were teenagers at the time of the incident.Both were arraigned in Saratoga County Court and sent to the Saratoga County Jail pending a bail application hearing.Liam’s mother Helen Savastio has now appealed to young people to take care of eachother. Ms Savastio said her family including husband Thomas McGlinchey, and their children Leo and Charlotte were ’emotionally drained’ after they were informed of the arrests.Samuel Heroux“It was like Liam had died all over again as we didn’t have any of this when it first happened.“It was all kept a secret, we’re still not sure why, but we were told at the time it was to protect the integrity of the case. So for 18 months we heard nothing.”In a press release issued following the arrest, police said they were called on August 25 to a report of an unresponsive male in the driveway of a house on Rolling Brook Drive and police who responded found the teenager dead.An investigation revealed that Liam had been out the previous night with friends, including Heroux and DePiazza, drinking alcohol. After Liam became highly intoxicated, he had difficulty walking and began falling, his friends decided to return him home.Police said the two brought Liam to his home and left him on a grassy area outside the house, where he subsequently died.Ms Savastio said she could not understand why the two teenagers just left her son under the tree outside her mother’s house.“We really don’t know what the kids were thinking. I know Liam’s friends here and they would have done something and not thrown him under a tree like trash for my mother, who was 91 at the time, to find him. “The message needs to get out there that, if you see someone in trouble, make sure they get home safely.Liam and his family moved back to Donegal shortly after his birth. Having spent some time back in the States, they moved back permanently in 2013 and was a former student of Scoil Mhuire in Buncrana.Ms Savastio added “It’s hard as my whole family is in America, but I do have a lot of support here locally. Friends are being very helpful.“The most important message is that nobody else needs to lose a son or daughter. Make sure you look after your friends and be please be aware that you can die of consuming too much alcohol.”The trial is expected to commence on July 29.Men charged after Buncrana teenager left to die from alcohol poisoning was last modified: March 7th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:alcoholbuncranachargedcourtdeathdonegalLiam McGlincheyMOTHERnew york
WWE SmackDown women’s division flag-bearer Becky Lynch has now been joined by her great friend and rival Charlotte, who is a four-time world champion.The 30-year-old from Dublin became the inaugural SmackDown Women’s Champion last September but was then brought down by the return of women’s great Mickie James.Her rivals Alexa Bliss and James have been transferred to Monday Night Raw in the post-WrestleMania 33 ‘Superstar Shake-up’ while CJ Perry or ‘Lana’ has been drafted to SmackDown Live. Lana was also recently believed to have revealed her in-ring gear on Total Divas.While Lynch was happy to get rid of Bliss, she said that Charlotte will bring the extra X factor into SmackDown.Asked if she and Charlotte would be able to rise the temperature in SmackDown like Charlotte’s feud with Sasha Banks and their Hell in a Cell match, Lynch said, “Absolutely. I think we only barely scratched the surface. I think one of the turning points in the women’s revolution was actually myself and Charlotte going into our feud.”Lynch further said that women’s matches didn’t have much depth earlier but their feud going into the Royal Rumble last year was a turning point.”This was something that people could relate to because it was one friend being ruthless and doing anything she could to win and screwing her best friend. Then it went off in a different direction but I would like to pick up where we left off.”advertisementCharlotte being the flag-bearer of WWE Raw and Lynch being the same for WWE SmackDown, Lynch expressed that the “world will explode” with the both of them together now.
Cricket Australia are confident that India will agree to play a day-night Test match in Adelaide next year, chief executive James Sutherland said on Sunday.India have been reluctant to embrace the playing of the longest format of the game under lights and are the only major cricketing nation yet to participate in a pink-ball Test.Virat Kohli’s team are scheduled for a four-Test series against Australia late next year, with Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide expected to be the host venues.Adelaide is this week hosting a day-night Test for the third year in a row with Australia playing England in front of record crowds for cricket at the ground.Sutherland said he was confident India’s governing body, the Board of Cricket Control India (BCCI), would agree to make it a fourth straight year for pink-ball cricket at the picturesque venue.”I would anticipate there’s not going to be too much problem there,” Sutherland said in an interview ABC radio.”As we’ve discussed at ICC (International Cricket Council) level, it’s very much in the hands of the home country to make judgments on what they think is best.”Certainly it’s pretty well telegraphed that from our perspective we’d be playing at least one day-night Test match every summer.”As well as four Tests against India, Australia will also host two Tests against Sri Lanka next season.”Certainly India, we would expect to draw a bigger crowd,” Sutherland added.”It’s not all about that, it’s also about how it fits, there’s considerations like weather in different parts of the country at different times of the year.advertisement”They’re all the things we need to balance and make a call on over the course of the next few weeks before announcing that final schedule.”
I was scouring the photo wires after OSU’s win over UTSA on Saturday, and I came across my favorite photo of the season so far. What first caught my eye was the look on Glenn Spencer’s face, but then I noticed everybody else surrounding him to watch Raymond Taylor’s first touchdown run as a Poke.A run about which Taylor said the following.“It’s what I’ve played my whole life for, worked my whole life for. The excitement was real.”Here’s the photo and what each person was (probably) thinking.If you’re looking for the comments section, it has moved to our forum, The Chamber. You can go there to comment and holler about these articles, specifically in these threads. You can register for a free account right here and will need one to comment.If you’re wondering why we decided to do this, we wrote about that here. Thank you and cheers!