now browsing by tag
After being broken up for five years, Ween reunited with a series of performances at the 1stBANK Center in Broomfield, Colorado. A year and a half later, the beloved band will return to the colorful state and make their return to renowned Morrison, CO venue, Red Rocks Amphitheatre!Ween has announced a performance at Red Rocks on July 12th, their first at the famed venue since 2009. Expect lots of excitement when brown meets red! Tickets and more information about the show can be found here. This show marks their sixth-ever performance on the Rocks, but also their first since reuniting. We can’t wait.To get in the mood for the madness to come, be sure to watch Ween’s 2006 Red Rocks performance in the video below.
In the first six months, Lošinj recorded very good tourist results, thus achieving a total of 491.700 overnight stays and 89.500 arrivals with an index of an increase in overnight stays of 19%, and arrivals of 20% compared to the previous 2016.The largest increase in guests was recorded in the segment of hotel accommodation, 19%, and the offer of Lošinj hotels was enjoyed by as many as 35.500 guests who spent 155.000 nights. ”We are extremely pleased with the tourist results so far, especially because this year we have invested a lot of effort to organize numerous events for the needs of all our guests. We expect even better results in the coming months and the continuation of positive indicators of a successful tourist year so far, said the president of the Tourist Board of the City of Mali Lošinj, Ana Kučić.After the excellent results achieved in the first six months, the island of vitality with the organization of numerous events continues to successfully navigate the tourist year.
Share Tweet 54 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share LocalNews Dismissed Grenada journalist to stage protest by: – March 31, 2012 Share Rawle TitusST GEORGE’S, Grenada — On Monday, local journalist Rawle Titus will be staging what he describes as “a protest moment” in front of the Grenada prime minister’s office from 9:00 am that morning.“I have no choice but to make this public statement because the prime minister’s office to this day refuses to take responsibility for their role in my dismissal from the Grenada Advocate newspaper,” Titus said.“During my protest moment I will be hand delivering a personal letter to the prime minister’s office which I will be making public. The letter will also contain polite but specific request to the prime minister himself,” he added.Titus said he will also be demonstrating publicly how the prime minister’s office is responsible for the economic homicide which it has inflicted on his family.Titus, who is also president of the Media Workers Association of Grenada (MWAG), and fellow Grenadian journalists are blaming the government for his dismissal as a senior reporter at an independently weekly, The Grenada Advocate, which is owned and controlled by the proprietors of the Barbados Advocate.MWAG, in a statement issued earlier this week, claimed that the Prime Minister’s Office “pressured” the paper’s owners into firing Titus over a news item that was published on March 9 in the Advocate.“The Media Workers Association of Grenada is calling on the Tillman Thomas administration to match its words with appropriate action in regards to media freedom in the country. We have growing concerns about increasing incidents that will suggest that those guarantees are coming under attack,” MWAG’s statement said.“This latest incident follows a series of other developments we have been monitoring in the past,” said MWAG.“In one instance, an official claiming to call from the Prime Minister’s Office, called a local radio station questioning the reason why one of its announcers were reading on-air, an online blog that was deemed critical of the administration. In another instance, one radio station was also queried about the possibility of dropping a regional radio news service after it aired a series of reports on the Grenada political situation.”The association said its members “take an extremely dim view of any attempt to bring pressure, no matter how subtle, on any media company.”Meanwhile, press freedom organisation Reporters Without Borders (RSF) confirmed that there are strong grounds for suspecting that the dismissal of Titus was the result of direct political pressure by Prime Minister Tillman Thomas and his press secretary. RSF has called on the government of Grenada to provide a frank explanation of a matter liable to endanger media independence.“We understand the alarm expressed by the Media Workers Association of Grenada (MWAG) ever since the Grenada Advocate told Titus his contract was being terminated,” RSF said. “The evidence brought to our notice is solid enough to substantiate the claim that there was direct political interference in the functioning of a reputable independent newspaper.“We urge Prime Minister Thomas to disown the pressure that his office brought to bear on the Grenada Advocate’s management and to reiterate the commitment to freedom of information that he expressed when he took office in 2008.”RSF said it also hopes that the Grenada Advocate will reverse its decision to fire Titus.In the 9 March article that apparently prompted his dismissal, Titus reported that the prime minister had selected the ruling National Democratic Congress candidates for the next general elections without bothering to consult with the party’s leaders. Other media have since carried reports that tend to support his claim.The prime minister’s press secretary, Richard Simon, wrote twice to the Grenada Advocate requesting a retraction and apology. It was after receipt of the second letter – of which RSF has been sent the text of key passages – that Titus was told that his contract would end on 31 March.“The MWAG has told us that this is not the first case of its kind. Two radio stations also recently received warnings from the prime minister’s office about their political reporting,” RSF said.Although the Organization of East Caribbean States (OECS), to which Grenada belongs, achieved a good ranking (25th) in the latest RSF press freedom index, cases of direct political pressure on journalists or their news media are occasionally reported.There has, however, not been a case of this gravity since the Grenada Today weekly had to be liquidated in 2009 as a result of a libel suit by former prime minister Keith Mitchell.By Caribbean News Now contributor
The Ghana FA has condemned the incidents that followed the Ghana Premier League Week 3 match at the Baba Yara Stadium on Sunday.Picures and videos that emerged after the match showed fans hurling missiles onto the pitch after to show their displeasure at a refereeing decision against Kotoko in their match against Berekum Chelsea.After the match, the fans still expressed their anger at the decision and that spilled over into a more serious development that saw a fan getting injured after he was allegedly shot by a Policeman.Reports say that the fan was taken to Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for treatment.It is unclear what exactly happened but the Ghana FA, in a statement issued on Sunday night, called for investigations into the alleged shooting. It also said that it would speak to the match officials to find out what happened on the field of play and that it would apply the rules and regulations of the Ghana FA to deal with those who would be found guilty of breaching the statutes.Below is the full statement from the FA:The Ghana Football Association has learnt with extreme disappointment the unfortunate incidents at the Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi during the Ghana Premier League match between Asante Kotoko and Berekum Chelsea on Sunday.We are saddened by reports of injuries to football fans and the hospitalization of a fan, following an alleged gun shooting incident.Our profound sympathy goes to the injured, and we pray for speedy recovery.The Ghana Football Association takes a dim view of violence at all league centres across the country and totally condemns what may have precipitated the unfortunate development at the Baba Yara Stadium.While we conduct our own inquest from our designated matchday officials to find out the exact cause of the unfortunate incidents, we call on the Police Service to also conduct thorough investigation, especially on the alleged shooting incident.The GFA wishes to assure the general public that it has zero tolerance for violence, and in accordance with our regulations, will deal ruthlessly with any official or club that is found to have breached our GFA Regulations and GFA Disciplinary Code.Once again, we wish the injured speedy recovery.