now browsing by tag
Subscribe 6 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Pasadena’s annual Taste of South Lake brought together food, music and live cooking demonstrations for an unforgettable afternoon.This year, over twenty restaurants like Del Frisco’s Grill, Perry’s by Chef Claud Beltran and Real Food Daily participated and well-known bands like The Nick Valentini Collective and Chairlift took the stage. The event gave people a chance to experience the diverse flavors of South Lake Avenue and meet their neighbors.South Lake Business Association, 120 South Lake Avenue, Pasadena (626) 792-1259 or visit www.southlakeavenue.org. Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Business News Community News Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * More Cool Stuff faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes First Heatwave Expected Next Week Pasadena Eats, The Dining Blog Thousands Mix and Mingle at Taste of South Lake From STAFF REPORTS Published on Sunday, October 9, 2016 | 4:18 am Community News HerbeautyInstall These Measures To Keep Your Household Safe From Covid19HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty11 Signs Your Perfectionism Has Gotten Out Of ControlHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyBet You Didn’t Need Another Reason To Stay Coupled Up This SeasonHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWhat’s Your Zodiac Flower Sign?HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty9 Hollywood Divas Who Fell In Love With WomenHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyStop Eating Read Meat (Before It’s Too Late)HerbeautyHerbeauty Make a comment Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Top of the News Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena
Another side making their first appearance of the tournament are Australia – they take on Fiji in Cardiff from 4.45pm. The day begins with surpsise packages Japan’s meeting with Scotland at Kingsholm. Following the Blossoms’ win over the Springboks on Saturday, Japanese head coach Eddie Jones is confident they can repeat the trick today.Meanwhile, South Africa head coach Heyneke Meyer has made eight changes to his side for their meeting with Samoa. Romania will open up their Pool D campaign against a much-changed France side at London’s Olympic Stadium. Kick off there is at 8 o’clockThe Ireland squad have been training at St. George’s Park ahead of this Sunday’s game against Romania.
Nearly 70 percent of the state’s nursing homes are set to receive rapid test kits from the federal government in the coming weeks, after being identified as having increased risks for coronavirus infections.The Trump administration announced last month that it would be sending “point of care” COVID-19 test kits to nursing homes in hotspots.In addition, facilities the federal government considers to be at an elevated risk for outbreaks will also receive them.The government has included 24 Florida counties on its list of coronavirus hotspots. In addition, 471 of the 693 nursing homes in the state are included on the test-kit distribution list.“We estimate based on what we have seen, there will probably be over 400 facilities out of our 700 nursing homes that will receive those point of care devices,” state Agency for Health Care Administration Secretary Mary Mayhew said Thursday during a statewide phone call with health-care providers. “But they have not all yet all received those devices.”State Department of Health Secretary Scott Rivkees says he had a call with representatives from the Quidel Corp., which is manufacturing the test kits.He calls the point of care tests “highly sensitive,” although he adds they are not meant for everyone.Rivkees goes on to say the tests should be administered to symptomatic people and only those whose symptoms developed within the previous five days.“When used within that five-day period, if somebody is symptomatic, if they test negative, you don’t have to do a follow up,” Rivkees said, adding that the “sensitivity is excellent.”The move comes as Florida officials are considering whether to end a temporary ban on visitors at nursing homes that has been in place since March. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced on July 14 that it planned to distribute diagnostic test instruments and tests to 2,000 facilities, also focusing on nursing homes in coronavirus hotspots and facilities determined to have an elevated risk of COVID-19 outbreaks.Soon thereafter, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Seema Verma announced that the Trump administration wants to require weekly testing of nursing home staff members and “visitors” in states that have a minimum 5 percent COVID-19 positivity rate.She said that after the weekly testing, the administration would recommend that visitations resume, as long as facilities are free of the virus for two weeks.However, such a testing mandate would have to be implemented through rule, which could take several months.Gov. Ron DeSantis has questioned whether weekly testing is necessary.Meanwhile, Florida has required that nursing homes and assisted living facilities test their staff members twice a month.The state has a contract with Curative to provide the testing kits. The long-term care providers receive the results within 24 hours, according to the governor.Florida’s 24 hotspot counties are Baker, Broward, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Hardee, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sumter, and Volusia.
FREEHOLD – The Monmouth County Department of Consumer Affairs wants every county resident to be aware of “smishing,” the latest attempt to steal information from unsuspecting cellphone users.“As we rely on technology and our cellphones more, thousands of people are using the same technology to target and take advantage of cellphone users,” said Freeholder Lillian G. Burry, liaison to the department. “Residents need to be aware of new attempts to commit fraud and identity theft.”Smishing is similar to the email technique “phishing,” except that it takes information from cellphones. It looks legitimate, but tricks victims into submitting their information, which is then used to steal identities. The term refers to the abbreviation for text messaging, SMS or Short Message Service. Smishing is sometimes referred to as “vishing.”Typically, a criminal begins by setting up an automated dialing system to text or call people in particular area codes or regions. Sometimes, they will use customer phone numbers that were stolen from banks or credit unions.After collecting your information, the criminal can drain bank accounts, steal identities, charge items with the credit card numbers or set up more accounts that only the criminal can access.Consumers are already aware of phishing emails, such as the Nigerian prince asking for money or winning money from the Canadian Mounted Police and other lottery schemes. Because consumers feel safe using cellphones, they are at an even greater risk of falling prey to smishing. Most of the messages cause a sense of alarm, using trigger words such as problems with bank or credit cards that people are more likely to click or call without thinking it is a scam.“Be vigilant,” said Annmarie Howley, director of the Monmouth County Department of Consumer Affairs. “Identity theft rates continue to rise at an alarming rate, and consumers must be aware of new scams. Smishing scam artists are very difficult to track, because they often operate in foreign countries. This means consumers must hesitate to click on links and call numbers they have never seen before.”If you get a text alert or email about a bank account or some other account, do not respond before you verify that it is a legitimate text alert. Keep the phone number to your bank or credit card agency in your phone’s list of contacts. That way you can easily verify that the number in the text message is the correct number and not a scam.
Manager Eddie Howe believes Bournemouth’s ‘huge’ victory over defending champions Chelsea will inspire the team to Premier League survival.The Cherries recorded a shock 1-0 win over the defending champions last week to lift the south coast club out of the bottom-three.Boss Howe joined the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on Friday morning to chat about the club’s start to the season and look ahead to his side’s next clash – against Manchester United at Dean Court on Saturday.Despite United’s position at the top, Howe insisted his side will not be daunted by the prospect of facing the top flight giants, and says they will go into the game with same game plan which saw them claim a surprise three points against Chelsea – attack!He was full of praise for his side’s incredible fitness levels – “they’re the fittest group of players I’ve ever seen” – also hailed the club’s “magnificent” fans, insisting their loyalty and support will be key for the team as they look to stay in the top flight this term.Also, the Cherries chief reacted to Garry Monk’s departure as manager of Swansea, and offered his view on the chances British managers have at the top level.Listen to talkSPORT’s exclusive interview with Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe IN FULL above!
Richard Collins hands over a cheque of €5000 worth of energy, courtesy of Electric Ireland and Greenstar, to Ballyraine National School in LetterkennyBALLYRAINE national school is the Ulster winner of the “Fuel Your School” competition – run by the Mooney Show on RTE Radio 1 with Electric Ireland and Green Star.Mooney show reporter Katrina McFadden (a Donegal native of course) was at the school on Tuesday to cover the presentation of the prize.And the school got a lovely cheque for €5,000 for their hard work. BALLYRAINE SCHOOL ‘GOES WILD’ OVER €5,000 PRIZE was last modified: October 9th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Ballyraine National SchoolMooney Goes WildRTE Radio 1
Protect Your Course.Over the past number of weeks concern has been expressed by a number of members at the number of golfers who do not replace their divots. Replacing divots is no more than good golf etiquette. So we should all think of our fellow golfers and replace our divots. In addition all members are encouraged to take a Divot Bag with them on their golfing round and replace the divot with either the mixture or the actual divot. Divot bags are available on entry to the first tee box and also at the 5th & 12th tee boxes.. Please ensure that you pick up a divot bag and assist with the course maintenance. We can all play a part. EGMThere was a good turnout at the EGM which was held at Portsalon Golf club on Friday night last. Up for discussion was the inclusion of Life Membership into the membership category. Following a lengthy discussion the members voted not to include the term Life Membership into the constitution.Course Improvements/Development Over the past few weeks both members and visitors will have seen the new development at the1st tee box, it is hoped that the new tee box will be completed over the next few weeks. This new look already looks very good. In addition to the 1st the greens staff are also preparing a new tee on the 2nd hole.EventsOn Saturday 23rd February the Portsalon Winter Links event will be staged . Winter Links members are reminded to pre book their tee time. There is an open stableford competition and on Sunday 24th a members competition. On Wednesday 27th Februaryan open stableford competition. . A time sheet is in operation for all competitions contact 0749159459 or go online to portsalongolfclub.com.Gaeltacht LeagueThe next outing of the Gaeltacht League is away to Nairn/Portnoo on Saturday 2nd March.The Gaeltacht League Captain’s Day wil take place at Cloughaneeley Golf course on Saturday 21st April. The captain of the Gaeltacht League has decided that the Portsalon captains prize will take place at Portsalon thus allowing all who played in this season campaign the opportunity to play.ResultsThe winner of the open competition played on Saturday 16th was James Lynch (20) 38 points, runner up Michael Leonard (12) 38 points, Gross: Eamon McDermott (3) 32 points Third: Dessie Ferry (10) 36 points and Visitor: Colin Morrow (21) 34points. The CSS was Members 36 points, Visitors 33 points. On Sunday the winner of the members competition was Martin Blaney (15) 43 points, runner up Sean Kelly (7) 39 points, Gross: Johnny Shields (6) 31 points, Third: Dermot Boyce (21) 37 points. The CSS was 35pts Local Rule-Stakes and RopesAll members and visitors are reminded that a local rule is in operation regarding the identified areas surrounding our greens. This is an action taken to protect the areas surrounding the greens.PlacingMembers and visitors should note that six inch placing on all fairways only was is in operation at Portsalon Golf Club. On Line BookingMembers and visitors to Portsalon Golf Club should note that on line booking is now available for all competitions at Portsalon at the flick of a button go to portsalongolfclub.comGOLF NEWS: PORTSALON GOLF CLUB NOTES was last modified: February 21st, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Portsalon Golf Club Notes
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Ardiles blasts Man Utd legend Neville over Pochettino rumour-mongeringby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Spurs star and manager Ossie Ardiles has blasted pundits talking up Mauricio Pochettino’s prospects of a Manchester United move. On Sky Sports, Gary Neville and lead commentator Martin Tyler discussed the speculation surrounding Pochettino and United during Spurs’ win at Everton.And after the match, Ardiles joined several Spurs supporters in criticising Neville’s comments.Ardiles wrote on Twitter: “Very disappointing to see two professionals, Tyler and Neville, not doing what they should: Commentating about the game, and the game only.“NOT about rumours. Very disrespectful to Man Utd, his manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and especially to MP and @SpursOfficial players and fans.”
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Madrid players enjoy open training sessionby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid players enjoyed Monday’s open training session with fans.Sergio Ramos was pleased to have a rare opportunity to train in front of the supporters on Monday, a unique way of closing out the calendar year.”It gives us great satisfaction that the fans always embrace us. We are saying goodbye to the year with them alongside us, training with the Madridistas,” he said.”It is a day for everyone to enjoy and for kids to get the chance to see their heroes up close.”For his part, Karim Benzema also echoed the sentiments of his captain and insisted the side are focused on winning further titles.”It is a holiday for everyone but we are at Real Madrid to win titles so I hope that we can keep winning,” he concluded.
Rutgers fought valiantly against No. 4 Michigan State Saturday night, but in the end, the Spartans did just enough to emerge from Piscataway with a victory. It helped that the Scarlet Knights made a mind-blowing mistake in the game’s final minute, however.Facing a 3rd-and-10 from Michigan State’s 40-yard-line, Rutgers quarterback Chris Laviano, with his team trailing 31-24, took a sack with the game clock winding down. He then spiked the ball on fourth down – presumably because he was just trying to stop the clock. Instead, it ended Rutgers’ final drive.ICYMI: Here’s how the wild @MSU_Football at @RFootball game just ended. http://t.co/53KsFDAYu8— BIG 10.10 (@BigTenNetwork) October 11, 2015It’s unlikely that Rutgers would have scored on the game’s final play anyway. But you can imagine Rutgers fans aren’t thrilled with how things ended.