now browsing by tag
Tagged with: Digital Howard Lake | 11 January 2008 | News AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Ken Burnett has launched the long-awaited SOFII, the Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration, an online resource for fundraisers and an archive of fundraising creative excellence.The website contains examples of fundraising through the ages and was developed to showcase inspirational fundraising after Burnett said at the International Fundraising Congress in Holland last October that he felt there was a noticeable lack of innovation and inspiration coming from fundraisers.The site currently has 37 working exhibits with another 125 waiting to appear. Burnett said that so far the site had been conceived and built by “just a few volunteers working very part-time”. A grant from a private trust has now given SOFII the opportunity to recruit someone to work on the project full-time and Burnett said it would be refined and improved all the time.Anyone can register for the site and there is no charge. All feedback is welcome.www.sofii.org 26 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Burnett unveils showcase of fundraising creativity About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.
Previous articleWinter Conditions Hamper Late Hoosier HarvestNext articlePence/Ellspermann Tell EPA, Ditch the Rule Gary Truitt #Thankful4Ag Campaign Helps Food-Insecure Familes By Gary Truitt – Nov 17, 2014 SHARE Facebook Twitter Bayer CropScience is sponsoring a social initiative – hashtag Thankful4Ag – along with Feeding America with the goal of providing up to 200-thousand meals through December 19th. Bayer CropScience President and CEO Jim Blome says there is no better way to show gratitude to the nation’s farming families – and everyone who helps get food from the farm to people’s tables – than to help provide nutritious meals to those who need them. People can visit Thankful 4 Ag dot com (www.thankful4ag.com) and create a digital meal with three of their favorite holiday foods.Each time someone creates and shares a meal – 10 meals will be donated to food-insecure families through Feeding America. Bayer will donate up to 20-thousand dollars – one-dollar for every 10 meals – toward this campaign. SHARE Facebook Twitter Home Indiana Agriculture News #Thankful4Ag Campaign Helps Food-Insecure Familes
ABC NewsBy MORGAN WINSOR, ABC News(NEW YORK) — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, the alleged target of a foiled kidnapping plot, says the threats against her and other officials haven’t stopped.“There is ongoing rhetoric. Even the president last night in his tweet storm won’t stop attacking me, and I think that it’s creating a very dangerous situation, not just for me but for people in leadership roles who are trying to save lives all across this country,” Whitmer told ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos during an interview Friday on Good Morning America.The U.S. Department of Justice announced charges on Thursday against six men in Michigan allegedly involved in a months-long plot to kidnap the Democratic governor and violently overthrow the state’s government before the November presidential election. During a press conference that afternoon, a visibly angry Whitmer lashed out at President Donald Trump for “stoking” hate and called the suspects “sick and depraved men.”Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, the Michigan State Capitol has been the scene of numerous protests by right-wing activists, some armed and calling for Whitmer’s resignation due to the lockdown order she imposed. Investigators said several of the suspects were among those protesting the state’s lockdown.Trump took to Twitter Thursday night, saying Whitmer has “done a terrible job” and, regarding the foiled kidnapping plot, “rather than say thank you, she calls me a White Supremacist.”“Governor Whitmer — open up your state, open up your schools, and open up your churches!” he tweeted.In April, amid protests over coronavirus-related restrictions, Trump faced heavy criticism for tweeting, “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!”The FBI said it first learned of the suspects’ plot in early 2020 and began embedding confidential sources and undercover agents to monitor their activities.According to a criminal complaint filed Tuesday, Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta started planning to take Whitmer and others hostage at the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing. They even planned to blow up a bridge and allegedly intended to hold Whitmer for a trial and then execute her. The men went to the governor’s vacation home on two separate occasions in August and September to conduct surveillance, the complaint said.During a press conference Thursday, Andrew Birge, the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Michigan, said that the individuals were arrested Wednesday. Fox, Garbin, Franks, Harris, and Caserta are all residents of Michigan, while Croft is a resident of Delaware, according to the Justice Department.Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel told reporters that seven other individuals “linked” to a militia group called the Wolverine Watchmen have been charged under Michigan’s anti-terrorism law.“The individuals in (state) custody are suspected to have attempted to identify the home addresses of law enforcement officers in order to target them, made threats of violence intended to instigate a civil war, and engaged in planning and training for an operation to attack the capitol building of Michigan and to kidnap government officials, including the governor of Michigan,” Nessel said.Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
NAFCU President and CEO Dan Berger slammed the ongoing negative impact of the Dodd-Frank Act’s Durbin interchange amendment in an editorial in The Hill Monday, emphasizing that the amendment has not passed on savings to consumers.“We know the amendment hasn’t helped American families. It’s been seven years since retailers promised consumers that they’d pay less at the checkout counter if Congress put price caps on debit card fees,” Berger wrote. “Analysis of Federal Reserve data shows retailers have pocketed about $42 billion during this period, and shoppers are still waiting for those rollbacks.“Federal Reserve data also shows that the Durbin amendment’s price cap negatively impacted small financial institutions,” he continued. “Despite the exemption for institutions under $10 billion, interchange revenue to credit unions and community banks has dropped, with a 16.6 percent decline in revenue from PIN transactions and 5.2 percent decline in revenue from signature transactions.”Berger noted that while the amendment’s provision concerning who chooses a network for card transactions “might sound like splitting hairs,” it has real consequences for credit unions and their members. “Having more than one network on a card was possible before Durbin, and many credit unions exercised that choice,” Berger wrote. “Now, it’s a government mandate, even if it’s not the best solution for cardholders.” continue reading » 15SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
continue reading » NCUA headquarters ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr For credit unions making plans for medium to long-term growth, the discussion often comes down to what charter gives them the most flexibility to grow? For instance, if they are a community charter, will they have more opportunities to expand under the state’s laws or do they have enough flexibility under NCUA’s more stringent regulations? If the credit union doesn’t want to become a community charter, will it have the ability to take in enough groups to expand their membership footprint?In June, NCUA issued an important legal opinion letter for those credit unions considering using the multiple SEG approach. When this letter is read in conjunction with NCUAs updated field of membership regulations it means that federal credit unions have much more expansion flexibility than they had just months ago.When a multiple SEG credit union is seeking to add a new group to its membership, one of the most basic things the credit union must demonstrate is that the group is within “reasonable proximity” to the credit union’s service area. But what is reasonable proximity and is there a specific geographic limit restraining the acquisition of new groups? In a legal opinion letter by NCUAs Office of General Counsel, the answer is:
Share LocalNews Defense presents evidence in dual citizenship trial by: – September 14, 2011 Sharing is caring! Share 22 Views no discussions Share Tweet Senior Counsel Anthony Astaphan outside the CourtThe defense team representing Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit and Minister of Education Honourable Petter St. Jean in the dual citizenship trial has begun presenting their evidence before Justice Gertel Thom.The Petitioners are alleging that both Honourable Roosevelt Skerrit and Honourable Petter St. Jean were holders of French citizenship at the time of their nomination as candidates for election in December of 2009 and were therefore not duly elected.Senior Counsel Anthony Astaphan called Phillip Guiste who is a taxi driver, farmer and community activist of Boetica as his first witness, tendered his witness statement as evidence in chief and turned him over for cross examination.Senior Counsel Mendes asked the witness whether he knew Joan Hillaire Guiste and Lawrence Degallerie; both of whom were later called on the witness stand for the Defense, and he affirmed that he knew them.Mr Guiste testified that he was awarded a contract with the government between 2000/2001 to clean the drains in the village and is also a mail carrier who is responsible for transporting mails from Grand Fond to Boetica three times per week at a rate of $150.00 per day.The witness further told the Court that he both knew and interacted with and Mr Green as they were members of the South East Tourism Development Committee of Laplaine; Mr Green as the immediate past president and himself as the signatory on the account. The second witness who testified is the newly elected Chairperson of the Delices Village Council, Mrs. Joan Hillaire-Guiste. Her evidence was that she is a supporter of the Dominica Labour Party, a friend of Mr St. Jean since 2000 and spoke on his platform during the 2009 general election campaign.The third witness for the defense, Mr Lawrence Degallerie the pastor of the La Plaine Pentecostal Church (Faith, Holiness & Deliverance Tabernacle) which Mr St. Jean is member a of.It was Mr Degallerie’s evidence that he has known Mr St. Jean for at least twenty years and that they are very close friends. He further informed the Court that he knew of Mr. St. Jean’s French citizenship because he knew his mother who is his friend and associate.Mr Degallerie further testified that he never asked Mr St. Jean whether he had French citizenship and was not aware that he had written to the French Ambassador asking to renounce his citizenship.The fifth witness Mr Theodore Remy; a bus driver of Thibaud who is employed with the Ross University School of Medicine, testified that he was also aware that the Prime Minister held French citizenship and heard rumors to that effect but did not take it seriously because he knew that he had obtained it through his parents.He also heard on the streets that Mr James raised questions about Mr. Skerrit’s citizenship but he agreed with the Prime Minister’s radio statement that Mr James was ‘talking nonsense and foolishness and was not to be taken seriously.’Mr Remy was also unaware that Mr Skerrit had written to the French Ambasador requesting that his citizenship be renounced before December 1st, 2009, but had also heard the press release issued by the Electoral Commission twice on two radio stations on the 17th of December, 2009.The last witness Cris Walter; a Civil Works Director who is the Managing Director of his own company, former Building Officer with the Ministry of Housing and campaign manager for the Prime Minister during the last general election in 2009, testified that he heard a rumor on the 30th of December, 2009 that ‘they were coming to Vieille Case to block Skerrit from being nominated.’He further testified that he immediately reported the rumor to the Prime Minister and that he informed him that he had taken care of it already. He also told the Court that on the 17th of December, 2009 the Prime Minister gave him 3000 copies of a letter which he signed to distribute within the Constituency and that he was very surprised after reading it and asked him, ‘what is that about?’ Mr Walter further told the Court that he was not concerned about Mr Skerrit’s nomination after hearing comments from the United Workers Party because when he brought it to Mr Skerrit’s attention he told him that he had taken care of it.Only one witness requested permission from the Court to make alterations to his witness statement and there was major discrepancy between the evidence of Mr Phillip Guiste and Davis Thomas.Two witnesses for the Petitioners; Frederick Sylvain and Desmond Thomas, testified at the beginning of this morning’s session.However, Senior Counsel Mendes informed the Court that there is every indication that Mr Felix Prosper will be on island by Friday morning and will be available to testify by 11:30am on the said day.Court has been adjourned until 9:30 tomorrow morning.Dominica Vibes News