now browsing by category
Every time seems clearer than LaLiga will have to end this season playing games during summer months. Logically, the heat will be one of the aspects that will have the most influence in this season finale and adaptation to it will be key. That’s where teams like Sevilla could have an advantage, but other aspect which can be definitive it is the experience of playing official matches. And there, the Seville is an expert.Why those of Nervión have had to play numerous previous of the Champions of the Europa League, Spanish Super Cups and of Europe in most summers of the 21st century. Without going any further, last season Sevilla disputed their first official match nothing less than on July 26, date in which some World Cup players had not even started their preseason with their respective teams. It was a match against him Hungarian ujpest whatue started a series of eight games that Sevilla de Machín played during the month of August between Europa League previews, beginning of The league and final of the Spanish Super Cup. Five years before, Sevilla’s Unai Emery started the way to the title of the Europa League in Turin with a tie before him Mladost Podgorica that gathered 30,000 spectators at the Sánchez Pizjuán on August 1. It was the first of the previous three that the Nervona team had to overcome and the first of the six games that Sevilla played in that month of August between all competitions.The seasons 14-15 and 15-16 Sevilla started them with the dispute of the European Super Cup as the first official match ofthe course in early August. In the 16-17, the preparation of the European Super Cup was added to that of the Spain Supercup, a case similar to what happened a decade before, when in the summer 2007 Sevilla had to combine two other Super Cups with a previous access to the phase of Champions League groups League.The final statistic of each season indicates that Sevilla It is usually one of the teams that more matches played during the course. And July and August have been no exceptions within months with official matches for Sevilla, something that seems to be repeated now. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of April 11, 2020
Mahesh Sarju has been remanded to prison by Magistrate Leron Daly after CCTV footage showed him breaking into the State Assets Recovery Agency (SARA) building on Main Street, Georgetown between April 24 and 25.Reports are that Sarju broke into the building and stole one Del laptop computer valued at $250,000, two hard drives valued $40,000, and one Stereo handset valued $8,000, all to a total value of $298,000, and all property of Troy Bentic.The Prosecution is contending that at about 17:00h on April 24, Bentic secured his computer and all other valuables before leaving his Main Street, Georgetown office.Upon returning the following morning, he noticed that the lock on the door had been tampered with, and someone had gained entry into the building.A report was made, and an investigation was launched. Following review of the surveillance footage, the known character was identified, apprehended and subsequently charged.The accused, who has no fixed address, later gave a confession statement to Police.This matter has been adjourned to a date in May.
Coroner officials said an autopsy was performed Sunday but results were not released pending further tests. firstname.lastname@example.org (661) 267-5744 LAKE LOS ANGELES – A man whose burned body was found in a car over the weekend has been identified as Alejandro Heredia, 32, of Palmdale. Los Angeles County sheriff’s homicide investigators said Monday that Heredia died after he fell asleep at the wheel, and then his car got stuck in the sand and caught fire. “He fell asleep at the wheel with his foot on the accelerator,” Detective Jonas Shipe said. “His car got caught in a sand berm. The tires were spinning, and the engine eventually overheated, which caused the engine to catch fire. There was no foul play.” Shipe said it appeared Heredia was asphyxiated. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A traffic-related incident has closed 100th Avenue in both directions this morning between 102nd Street and 106th Street.Energeticcity.ca was notified of the incident shortly after 7:00 a.m. At 7:15, members of the Fort St. John RCMP, Fire Department, and BC Ambulance Service were at the scene and were seen providing first aid while police questioned eyewitnesses. The Ambulance was seen leaving the area several minutes later. A member of the RCMP at the scene told Energeticcity.ca that the road won’t likely reopen before 12:00 p.m.This is a developing story, and we’ll have updates on this story as they become available.- Advertisement -If you witnessed the incident, send us your news tip to email@example.com.
Steven Fletcher celebrates his first goal in Sunderland’s win at Palace 1 Steven Fletcher scored twice as Sunderland finally remembered how to win on a Monday night to move out of the Premier League’s bottom three.The Black Cats had not tasted top-flight victory for 12 years on the first night of the week, a total of 20 games, but they laid that hoodoo to rest at Selhurst Park.Gus Poyet’s side responded well to back-to-back defeats against Southampton and Arsenal by claiming only their second win of the season, but a Wes Brown own goal made it hard work for the visitors.They opened the scoring against the run of play in the first half when Fletcher powered in an unmarked header, though the hosts were back in it shortly after the break when substitute Brown lunged at the ball and turned it into his own net, the fourth own goal they have conceded in three games.Palace continued to pile on the pressure in the second half, but Gomez took advantage of some hesitant defending to finish well past Julian Speroni, with Fletcher getting his second in stoppage-time after Eagles captain Mile Jedinak was sent off for a second booking.The hosts started the brighter of the sides, with Yannick Bolasie, Wilfried Zaha and Marouane Chamakh all lively, but there was a distinct lack of end product from both teams throughout the first half.In fact, fans had to wait until the 25th minute for any kind of effort on goal, not that you could call Bolasie’s shot strictly goal-bound, as the 25-year-old hit the ball straight out for a throw-in with a wild strike.Before that, Sunderland were fortunate to escape appeals for what looked to be a sure penalty after Fraizer Campbell was brought down by Santiago Vergini, the former Black Cats striker sent through on goal from a lofted Chamakh pass.Eagles boss Neil Warnock was exasperated by referee Phil Dowd’s decision, but his men seemed to have the upper hand in the opening stages with Sunderland rattled by their rapid start.But a handful of misses from Bolasie meant Palace failed to make the most of their possession, and Sunderland duly punished them as Fletcher nodded Gus Poyet’s side in front to end their run of over five hours without an away goal.A counter-attack saw Sunderland drive forward in their first real attack of the game, and the big Scot was there to dink in Patrick van Aanholt’s cross with a well-placed header under little pressure in the box.It was a pinpoint assist from the Dutch summer signing, but his game was over just moments later as he was stretchered off with a shoulder injury after tangling with Zaha.Wes Brown took his place, and while the former United man initially had a positive impact in the back four, making a crucial block to deny Zaha and clearing three consecutive corners, it was his mistake which handed Palace an equaliser after the break.It was another own goal to add to the club’s list, having scored three in last month’s embarrassing 8-0 defeat at Southampton, as the defender turned Campbell’s clever backheel into his own net seconds after Costel Pantilimon, who replaced the dropped Vito Mannone in goal, saved on the line.The goal buoyed the Palace players, who began peppering the Sunderland box with a series of crosses, but the Black Cats were still a threat, with Vergini – who went close with a well hit volley in the first half – testing Speroni with another sweetly stuck effort.And the Black Cats again made the most of their opportunities as Gomez fired the visitors in front with 12 minutes left, beating Speroni with a low angled drive following a darting run from the impressive Will Buckley.Palace then suffered an added blow when skipper Jedinak was sent off for kicking out at Gomez, and it was soon game over when Fletcher netted with a clinical finish in the fifth minute of added time to finally give his manager something to celebrate.
ENTERTAINMENT: Liverpool FC have the chance to secure a return to Champions League football on Wednesday night when they face Sevilla in the Europa League final – and The Brewery bar has got you covered. You can catch all the action on the High Definition Television that are dotted all over the popular bar. At half-time there will be complimentary finger food for all you Liverpool fans, and perhaps there will be some Manchester United fans cheering on Sevilla!It promises to be a cracking match, and The Brewery will be the best venue to watch the game in outside of Basel!THE BREWERY BAR ALL SET FOR THE BIG MATCH TOMORROW NIGHT was last modified: May 17th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:EntertainmentEuropa League FinalFeaturesLiverpoolThe Brewery
SHAY Given and the Ireland squad were not affected by yesterday’s earthquake, the FAI has said, but the team hotel was shaken by the tremor.Giovanni Trapattoni’s team are based at Montecantini, Tuscany, and the tremor struck in neighbouring Emilia-Romagna.Italy’s friendly with Luxemburg, scheduled for Parma’s Ennio Tardini stadium in the affected region on Tuesday night, has been cancelled. A statement from the FAI reads: “An earthquake was experienced in Parma, 210km away from the Irish team’s training camp in Montecatini this morning, Tuesday May 29, at 09.03 CET.“Tremors were felt in Montecatini. Nothing was noticed on the ground floor of the team hotel. However, some light movement was experienced in the higher levels. Everything is fine in camp.“The thoughts and prayers of Giovanni, Marco and the squad at this time are with the dead and injured in the neighbouring Emilia-Romagnan region.” IRELAND SQUAD HOTEL SHAKEN BY EARTHQUAKE, BUT NO DAMAGE CAUSED was last modified: May 30th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BUT NO DAMAGE CAUSEDIRELAND SQUAD HOTEL SHAKEN BY EARTHQUAKE
Underwood took a medical leave of absence in late October and designated Debra C. Man as acting CEO and general manager. She will continue in that role while the MWD board considers Underwood’s successor, the district said. Underwood is survived by his wife, Carmen; daughter and son-in-law Michelle and Ryan Dejournett of California; five brothers, Russell and Lawrence of Massachusetts, Rory of Vermont, Kevin of Maine, and Jeffrey of New Hampshire; and two grandsons. Funeral arrangements were incomplete, Muir said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “That meant that every cause and every project he was involved in was tempered by clear, well-negotiated and respectful interaction with everyone on both sides of the table.” Underwood became the district’s general manager and chief executive officer after playing a key role in a crucial effort regarding California’s share of Colorado River supplies as well as negotiating one of the nation’s largest habitat-conservation programs. The program covered 27 species along more than 450 miles of the lower Colorado. The 50-year program protects the storage, release and diversion of Colorado River water from Lake Mead to the Mexico border from interruptions because of endangered species issues. “As a former commissioner of Interior’s Bureau of Reclamation and a major architect of the Lower Colorado River Multispecies Conservation Plan, Dennis was a creative and dynamic force in improving the management of Western water and promoting environmental protection and enhancement,” Interior Secretary Gale Norton said in a statement. Bannister said the Metropolitan Water District would have to “work hard to maintain the spirit of his career and to honor him by moving forward thoughtfully and with purpose, being mindful of our role as a steward for the public and the environment.” RANCHO CUCAMONGA – Dennis B. Underwood, a Western water expert and former U.S. Bureau of Reclamation commissioner who this year took over as general manager of the giant Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, has died. He was 60. Underwood, who was selected in April to lead the water district, died Wednesday at his Alta Loma home after a battle with cancer, MWD spokesman Bob Muir said Thursday. The Metropolitan Water District is a cooperative of 26 cities and water agencies serving 18 million people in six Southern California counties. It imports water from the Colorado River and Northern California to supplement local supplies. “The water world has lost one of its most accomplished and humble leaders,” district board Chairman Wes Bannister said in a statement. “The underlying theme of Dennis’ entire career was to balance needs with grace.
Print Friendly Version Story Links Chase Wicklund posted an 81 and 82 for a total score of 163, while Kyle MacDonald registered a 165 (86-79) to round out the team’s effort. “Today was about as challenging of conditions that I have ever seen for a golf tournament! We started the morning in rain and we had cold temperatures all day. The winds were pretty consistent 25 to 35 mph with gusts over 40. The biggest challenge for everyone was to manage the conditions staying warm but also being able to swing with all the layers on,” said Drake head coach Matt Lewis. “The course played extremely difficult all day. I thought several guys played pretty well from start to finish.” “We know a good round tomorrow will give us a good finish. Tomorrow is going to be extremely cold temperatures with high in the 20s to 30s but the wind should be down,” said Lewis. NORMAL, Ill. – The Drake University men’s golf team has three Bulldogs in the top 25 through 36 holes at the D.A. Weibring Intercollegiate in extreme difficult conditions Saturday at the Weibring Golf Club in Normal, Ill. As a team, the Bulldogs are tied for eighth-place with Evansville with a total score of 615 (308-307). Drake and the Purple Aces are just four strokes back from sixth-place Bradley and SIUE. No. 25 Duke leads the 16-team field with a score of 587 (303-284). First Day Results Freshman Tim Lim is tied for 16th-place to lead the team on the first day as he shot a six over 77 and then followed that with an impressive three-over 74 for a total score of 151. Tommi Avant and Drew Ison are just a stroke back from Lim and are tied for 25th-place with a score of 152. Avant and Ison each fired a four-over 75 in the opening round and then backed that up with a 77. The Bulldogs will close out competition at the D.A. Weibring Intercollegiate on Sunday. The shotgun start is set for 9:45 a.m.
Two young men have been charged in connection with the death of a 19-year-old Irishman in America.Liam McGlinchey, from Buncrana, was found dead after a night out with friends while celebrating passing exams.Liam died as a result of alcohol poisoning after being left lying outside his grandmother’s house in New York. Two men have now been charged with criminally negligent homicide.Samuel Heroux (21) of Cohoes and Isaiah DePiazza (19) of Foxwoods Drive, Clifton Park, were teenagers at the time of the incident.Both were arraigned in Saratoga County Court and sent to the Saratoga County Jail pending a bail application hearing.Liam’s mother Helen Savastio has now appealed to young people to take care of eachother. Ms Savastio said her family including husband Thomas McGlinchey, and their children Leo and Charlotte were ’emotionally drained’ after they were informed of the arrests.Samuel Heroux“It was like Liam had died all over again as we didn’t have any of this when it first happened.“It was all kept a secret, we’re still not sure why, but we were told at the time it was to protect the integrity of the case. So for 18 months we heard nothing.”In a press release issued following the arrest, police said they were called on August 25 to a report of an unresponsive male in the driveway of a house on Rolling Brook Drive and police who responded found the teenager dead.An investigation revealed that Liam had been out the previous night with friends, including Heroux and DePiazza, drinking alcohol. After Liam became highly intoxicated, he had difficulty walking and began falling, his friends decided to return him home.Police said the two brought Liam to his home and left him on a grassy area outside the house, where he subsequently died.Ms Savastio said she could not understand why the two teenagers just left her son under the tree outside her mother’s house.“We really don’t know what the kids were thinking. I know Liam’s friends here and they would have done something and not thrown him under a tree like trash for my mother, who was 91 at the time, to find him. “The message needs to get out there that, if you see someone in trouble, make sure they get home safely.Liam and his family moved back to Donegal shortly after his birth. Having spent some time back in the States, they moved back permanently in 2013 and was a former student of Scoil Mhuire in Buncrana.Ms Savastio added “It’s hard as my whole family is in America, but I do have a lot of support here locally. Friends are being very helpful.“The most important message is that nobody else needs to lose a son or daughter. Make sure you look after your friends and be please be aware that you can die of consuming too much alcohol.”The trial is expected to commence on July 29.Men charged after Buncrana teenager left to die from alcohol poisoning was last modified: March 7th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:alcoholbuncranachargedcourtdeathdonegalLiam McGlincheyMOTHERnew york