• Slide Image 1 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options
  • Slide Image 2 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options
  • Slide Image 3 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options

雅泰spa足道会馆怎么样

now browsing by tag

 
 
Posted by: | Posted on: January 20, 2020

Upset Arnett Gardens players held to draw

first_img “Some players were given the opportunity to leave or take a salary cut. We have a squad of 40 players with about seventy-five percent of the squad on contract,” he also disclosed. “We are trying to have a meeting with the players before the end of the week to explain the new situation moving forward. Now, we are looking at a budget of between $1.3 to $1.4 million in salaries. The PLCA gives each club $300,000 monthly, but we have to find creative ways to meet our budget,” Roberts explained. He also said the entire board was still in place, but there had been changes to the security arrangement. “We have a change in the security as we need stricter gate control. We had also planned to play the game against Tivoli under lights, but because it was a planned television game, the 3 p.m. start time could not be changed,” he further said. On the field, veteran Tivoli goalkeeper Edsel ‘Robbie’ Scott was forced into a number of spectacular saves as his nine-man team held the hosts in a hotly contested match. Scott’s heroics were the highlight of the game and he was duly awarded the Man of the Match. Tivoli lost their captain and central defender Romaine Breakenridge, who received a red card in the 31st minute for violent conduct after hitting Arnett’s striker Damari ‘Hustler’ Deacon in an off-the-ball incident. Mitchily Waul was then given his marching orders after yellow cards in the 42nd and 52nd minutes. However, Arnett failed to capitalise on their two-man advantage. Among Scott’s saves was a penalty kick taken by Arnett’s substitute Kemal ‘Tull’ Malcolm in the 81st minute. He also denied Deacon early in the game. Humble Lion 3 Maverley-Hughenden 0 Portmore United1 Waterhouse 0 Montego Bay United 1 UWI FC 0 FC Reno 4 Boys’ Town 0 Arnett Gardens 0 Tivoli Gardens 0 Harbour View 3 Jamalco 0 Upset by a salary dispute brought on by a restructuring exercise at their club, Arnett Gardens’ players stayed away from training for three days last week ahead of yesterday’s Red Stripe Premier League clash against rivals Tivoli Gardens at the Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex. All things considered, the 0-0 scoreline – despite coming against nine men – can hardly be considered a negative with reports that the players were at one point considering to not show up for the fixture. This after the club’s hierarchy decided early last week to cut the squad size and chop the salaries of players as well as members of the technical staff. President of Arnett Gardens FC Patrick Roberts said that because sponsors withdrew their support, the club was faced with a situation that required these decisions. “Following a meeting of the club’s executive body last month, a decision was taken to cut salaries. Our budget was between $1.7 million to $2 million previously on a monthly basis,” Roberts told The Gleaner after yesterday’s match. “We looked at our situation, which is not unique because of the economical crisis. What happened is that the chairman met with the other executive members last month to look at downsizing. We still tried to come up with the additional funds, but that did not happen. NEW SITUATION Yesterday’s resultslast_img read more

Posted by: | Posted on: January 14, 2020

JFK Absolved of Blame in Death of Forh’s Daughter

first_imgFamily members of the late Nakita Forh, daughter of Representative Edward Forh, yesterday wept bitterly in the Civil Law Court in Monrovia after a six member jury announced that the John F. Kennedy Medical Center (JFKMC) was not responsible for her death.Rep. Forh sought US$25 million as damages for the death of his daughter, which he claimed was the result of negligence on the part of medical doctors assigned at the hospital.Nakita, who suffered from asthma, died on September 27, 2014, on the grounds of the hospital while gasping for air because she was denied the use of the hospital’s nebulizer during the height of the Ebola crisis in the country. For their failure to provide his daughter medical care when she sought treatment at the JFK hospital, Rep. Forh was claiming US$25 million in damages for her death.After several hours of closed door deliberations in the Chamber of Judge Yussif Kaba, the jury came down with a unanimous non-liable (not guilty) verdict in favor of 11 health practitioners who Rep. Forh accused of being responsible for his daughter’s death.After the jury’s decision, lawyers representing the lawmaker announced an appeal against the verdict to the Supreme Court.The Forh family declined to speak with journalists who for the past months had converged at the court to follow the trial that is considered the first of its kind in the country. The case was interesting because it was the first time in this country for a sitting lawmaker to file a lawsuit against a hospital claiming damages for the death of his daughter, one of those in the queue remarked.Rep. Forth accused Dr. Wvannie-Mae Scott-McDonald, JFK General Administrator; Munah Tarpeh, Deputy for Administration; Tannie Sneh, Nursing Supervisor; Mary Howard Nyaquie, Administrator; Dr. Korto Dorbor; Dr. Billy C. Johnson, Chief Medical Officer; Dr. David Okiror, Staff Physician; Professor Joseph Njoh, Department Chairman on Internal Medicine and the Administrator of the Ministry of Health, of his daughter’s death.The lawsuit against the healthcare givers, according to Counselor Arthur Johnson, lead lawyer for the Forh family, was based on what he described as a “very devastating and frustrating experience,” which he claims, caused the family significant damages and an unforgettable state of trauma for their daughter’s death.Cllr. Johnson argued that Nakita died in the arms of her father on the grounds of the hospital while struggling and crying for help.For that reason, Rep. Forh was seeking not less than US$10 million in general damages; US$5 million in punitive damages; another US$5 million in compensatory damages; and US$5 million in substantial damages.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more