• Slide Image 1 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options
  • Slide Image 2 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options
  • Slide Image 3 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options

大桶大有服务吗

now browsing by tag

 
 
Posted by: | Posted on: January 12, 2020

Accused bandits each released on $1.5M bail

first_imgAlmost a month after three market vendors were remanded for breaking and entering the L. Seepersaud Maraj & Sons Jewellery Store in the Stabroek Market and stealing $22 million worth of gold and diamond jewellery, they were successful in petitioning the court to be placed on bail; and Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan has placed each accused on $1.5 million bail.The accused: Tyron Marks, 31, of Lot 107 Eccles, East Bank Demerara; Clifford Rodney, 66, of Lot 265 One Mile, Linden; and Albert De Freitas, 54, of Leopold Street, Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown, were remanded when they had made their first appearance before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan.According to the prosecution’s case, between July 2 and July 3, 2018, the men broke and entered the jewellery store located in the Stabroek Market.The men were represented by defence attorneys Pamela De Santos, Kezia Williams and Adrian Thompson respectively. These defence attorneys, in their bail applications, each informed the court that their clients were beaten by Police to confess to the theft.Police Prosecutor Neville Jeffers had objected to the men being placed on bail, and had informed the court that the men have pending matters of a similar nature before the courts, while citing the serious nature of the offence and the value of the items.The court was told that during a video interrogation with investigators, two of the men admitted to cutting into the store’s safe to gain access to the items.Reports are that on July 3, 2018, when the owners and employees of the jewellery store arrived at the Market, they realised the store had been robbed. Upon checking, they discovered the entire store ransacked, and the vault torched open.In a press statement, the owners had said the robbery was the work of “highly-skilled thieves.”According to the owners, they had consulted with several security specialists and others trained in ironwork and welding, and were informed that it would have taken no less than five hours for the vaults to be cut open. It was further revealed that the owners had spoken to two City Constables, who claimed that checks were done earlier in the Market, but nothing was discovered.Additionally, the stall was secured with an alarm system that was being monitored by the MMC Security Force.Meanwhile, Crime Chief Paul Williams headed to the scene a team that was able to collect fingerprints from one of the heavy-duty safes in which the jewellery was secured.Meanwhile, the robbery has yet again raised concerns about security at the market.Only recently, the City Constabulary named Stabroek and Bourda markets as popular criminal hotspots where consumers are attacked and robbed on a daily basis. These offences are suspected to be gang-related.Chief Constable Andrew Foo has stated that the Markets have been on their radar for quite a while now in light of the increase in criminal activities there.Foo explained that at the Stabroek Market, since it is a transportation hub, persons entering and leaving public transportation are the main targets. With respect to Bourda Market, most of the incidents occur among vendors and shoppers in the rush hours, when sales are at a peak.last_img read more

Posted by: | Posted on: December 28, 2019

NEW FIRE ENGINE FOR DONEGAL FIRE SERVICE

first_imgDonegal has received the go-ahead for a brand new fire engine.Deputy Dinny McGinley, said the announcement is very good news and will make a big difference to local fire fighters.“Donegal’s fire service is receiving a real boost with this announcement of a new fire station engine. This is really good news for residents in Donegal who will see the benefit of this additional fire protection, something we must take very seriously.” The fire engine for Donegal is part of €8 million being distributed to buy appliances and equipment, to build or upgrade fire stations, upgrade the communications and mobilisation system and improve training centres.“Investment in new fire appliances will ensure that the fleet is maintained and will further enhance the capability of the fire services.“As part of this funding, €2 million will be spent on restructuring the Computer Aided Mobilisation Project (CAMP) II infrastructure. The three CAMP stations will be transitioned into a single national CAMP structure which will offer significantly enhanced resilience and better value-for-money. Improvements will also be made to training centres at a cost of €1 million.“This new fire engine will make a big difference to the excellent fire fighters who work extremely hard in Donegal.” NEW FIRE ENGINE FOR DONEGAL FIRE SERVICE was last modified: June 10th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Posted by: | Posted on: November 18, 2019

Sabres Deny Rangers, 4-3

first_imgNEW YORK — With the start of the Stanley Cup playoffs less than two weeks away, the New York Rangers aren’t playing like a team that wants to be there.The lowly Buffalo Sabres looked more like a playoff team April 2 in putting the Rangers’ hopes of clinching a playoff berth on hold yet again with a 4-3 victory that was keyed by Ryan O’Reilly’s two first-period goals.Zemgus Girgensons and Matt Moulson also scored on a night the Sabres sent Henrik Lundqvist to the bench in less than 21 minutes and had the sellout crowd at Madison Square Garden booing several times.“We know down the stretch teams are trying to finish on a high note,” Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh said after the team failed to clinch a playoff spot for the second straight game. “It doesn’t matter where you are. We’re trying to fine-tune our game and certainly can’t put ourselves in a big hole like that.”Chad Johnson had 33 saves and Buffalo killed off a late two-man disadvantage in improving to 6-2-2 in its last 10 games. The win also snapped a nine-game losing streak against the Rangers dating to April 2013.“We’re doing everything,” Johnson said. “We’re trying to be spoiler, we’re just trying to play our game. We had a tough start and we are just jelling as a group now. You’re starting to see it all come together, the chemistry, the compete we have. It doesn’t matter where you are in the standings. You want to win.”Kevin Hayes, J.T. Miller and Derek Stepan scored for the error-prone Rangers, who can clinch a sixth straight playoff berth by winning one of their four remaining games.On March 31, New York squandered a third-period lead in losing to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Jack Eichel-led Sabres thoroughly outplayed them early in jumping to a 3-0 lead and then held on.O’Reilly staked Buffalo to a 2-0 lead in the opening 12:59, scoring his 19th and 20th goals of the season, thanks in part to some bad plays by usually reliable defenseman Kevin Klein.O’Reilly put Zach Bogosian’s rebound past Lundqvist at 10:07 after Klein failed to clear the rebound. He got his second less than three minutes later when Klein had a puck get past him at the blue line, allowing Eichel to lead a 2-on-1. The rookie’s cross-crease pass found O’Reilly alone for a shot into an open net.“We made our chances and we buried them early,” O’Reilly said. “He is one of the best goalies in the league. For us to do that, it gives confidence to our offense.”The crowd booed when the Rangers left the ice and they were even more annoyed when Girgensons scored on his own rebound while falling to the ice at 46 seconds of the second period.“Again, as a goalie but also as a team, we need short memories,” said Lundqvist, who gave up three goals on nine shots before being replaced by Antti Raanta.It seemed to wake up the Rangers as Eric Staal set up Hayes’ 13th goal a little more than two minutes later, and Johnson had to come across the crease to stop Rick Nash’s chance later in the period.Moulson pushed the lead to 4-1 at 13:09 of the second period after Keith Yandle’s turnover in front of his net led to a point blank shot.The Rangers made a push, getting a goal from Miller late in the second period on a weird carom off the ends boards. Stepan scored in close 4:52 into the third period to cut the margin to a goal.The Rangers got a great chance to tie it when Mark Pysyk and Casey Nelson of the Sabres were called for penalties at 12:12, giving the Rangers a full 2-minute 5-on-3 power play. However, they failed to get a quality chance.New York pulled Raanta, but Johnson stopped Chris Kreider twice late in the final 1:15.“We just did a good job of killing and guys battled to the end,” said Johnson, who is 5-2-1 in his last eight starts. “It was a good win.”(TOM CANAVAN, AP Sports Writer)TweetPinShare0 Shareslast_img read more