• Slide Image 1 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options
  • Slide Image 2 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options
  • Slide Image 3 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options

南京lf论坛

now browsing by tag

 
 
Posted by: | Posted on: January 12, 2020

Accused bandits each released on $1.5M bail

first_imgAlmost a month after three market vendors were remanded for breaking and entering the L. Seepersaud Maraj & Sons Jewellery Store in the Stabroek Market and stealing $22 million worth of gold and diamond jewellery, they were successful in petitioning the court to be placed on bail; and Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan has placed each accused on $1.5 million bail.The accused: Tyron Marks, 31, of Lot 107 Eccles, East Bank Demerara; Clifford Rodney, 66, of Lot 265 One Mile, Linden; and Albert De Freitas, 54, of Leopold Street, Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown, were remanded when they had made their first appearance before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan.According to the prosecution’s case, between July 2 and July 3, 2018, the men broke and entered the jewellery store located in the Stabroek Market.The men were represented by defence attorneys Pamela De Santos, Kezia Williams and Adrian Thompson respectively. These defence attorneys, in their bail applications, each informed the court that their clients were beaten by Police to confess to the theft.Police Prosecutor Neville Jeffers had objected to the men being placed on bail, and had informed the court that the men have pending matters of a similar nature before the courts, while citing the serious nature of the offence and the value of the items.The court was told that during a video interrogation with investigators, two of the men admitted to cutting into the store’s safe to gain access to the items.Reports are that on July 3, 2018, when the owners and employees of the jewellery store arrived at the Market, they realised the store had been robbed. Upon checking, they discovered the entire store ransacked, and the vault torched open.In a press statement, the owners had said the robbery was the work of “highly-skilled thieves.”According to the owners, they had consulted with several security specialists and others trained in ironwork and welding, and were informed that it would have taken no less than five hours for the vaults to be cut open. It was further revealed that the owners had spoken to two City Constables, who claimed that checks were done earlier in the Market, but nothing was discovered.Additionally, the stall was secured with an alarm system that was being monitored by the MMC Security Force.Meanwhile, Crime Chief Paul Williams headed to the scene a team that was able to collect fingerprints from one of the heavy-duty safes in which the jewellery was secured.Meanwhile, the robbery has yet again raised concerns about security at the market.Only recently, the City Constabulary named Stabroek and Bourda markets as popular criminal hotspots where consumers are attacked and robbed on a daily basis. These offences are suspected to be gang-related.Chief Constable Andrew Foo has stated that the Markets have been on their radar for quite a while now in light of the increase in criminal activities there.Foo explained that at the Stabroek Market, since it is a transportation hub, persons entering and leaving public transportation are the main targets. With respect to Bourda Market, most of the incidents occur among vendors and shoppers in the rush hours, when sales are at a peak.last_img read more

Posted by: | Posted on: December 22, 2019

Juventus and PSG out to defy odds in Champions league round of 16

first_imgYaya Toure may start as Gurdiola is expected to ring the changes against Basel.Manchester City vs BaselEtihad StadiumWednesday, 10:45pmReferee: Pavel Kralovec(Cze)Fernandinho and Benjamin Mendy are both sidelined for Manchester City, whilst the doubtful Raheem Sterling is unlikely to be risked. Gurdiola is expected to make major changes to his team as he looks to rest several key players.Goalkeeper Germano Vailati and defender Eder Balanta are expected to miss out through injury, whilst Taulant Xhaka will sit out due to suspension.It was always likely to be Manchester City progressing from this round of the Champions League, but their trip to Switzerland in February all but confirmed their place in the next stage of the competition. Three goals in the opening half and another after the break gave them a 4-0 aggregate lead going into the home leg, so there is a phenomenally slim chance of the Swiss side pulling off an upset. Manchester City did follow that victory with a shock exit in the FA Cup against Wigan, but since then they have beaten Arsenal 3-0 twice in a row and clinched a 1-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday. This has consolidated their hefty lead at the top of the Premier League and won them the League Cup, so things are still looking good for them.Basel, meanwhile, haven’t had the best period since that defeat. They have lost against St Gallen and Young Boys since then, and haven’t been in action since the 27th February due to match postponements. In fairness the Swiss side have done very well to make it this far, qualifying ahead of both Benfica and CSKA Moscow in their Champions League group and even beating Manchester United on home soil. They have scored in all but two of their seven Champions League games this season, and they will be at least hoping to find the net on Wednesday.Neymar is out for the rest of the season and also missing tonight in PSG must win game against Madrid.Comments Tags: champions leaguejaggen kloppjuventusliverpoolneymarpaulo dybalaPSGreal madridsports toptottenham hotspurszinedin zidane Juventus have Paulo Dybala to look out to for inspiration as they seek to defy odds and progress to next round.Tottenham Hotspurs vs JuventusWembley StadiumWednesday, 10:45pmReferee: Szymon Marciniak(Pol)Tottenham will be without key central-defender Toby Alderweireld. The Belgian continues to recover from a long-term hamstring injury. Right-back Serge Aurier is suspended following an accumulation of yellow cards, his latest came in Turin. Kieran Trippier is expected to start for Spurs. Higuain faces a race to be fit to line-up against Tottenham having missed Juve’s win over Lazio on Saturday through injury. Returning for Juventus will be star man Paulo Dybala and key midfielder Blaise Matudi. Meanwhile, the Bianconeri will be without Federico Bernadeschi, Juan Cuadrado and Mattia De Sciglio. Allegri will be looking to devise a plan to prevent Spurs from taking a hold of the tie as they did for large parts of the first-leg in Turin.Juventus came out all guns blazing and looked too much for Tottenham to handle. But following Gonzalo Higuain’s second of the evening, the Italian champions invited far too much pressure on to themselves allowing Pochettino’s team a way back into the game.As the whistle for full-time sounded, Allegri reflected the emotions of the home support. He stormed down the tunnel, hugely disappointed with his side’s carelessness. Juventus will need to seek a different approach in order to reach the quarter-finals of the competition. Prediction: Tottenham 1-1 Juventus. Jurgrn Klopp will also be ringing the changes against PortoLiverpool vs FC PortoAnfiled StadiumTuesday, 10:45pmReferee: Felix Zwayer(Ger).Liverpool will be without midfielder Georginio WIjnaldum and forward Ben Woodburn, who are both recovering from illness. There are no new injury concerns for Klopp, while he has insisted he will not make wholesome changes, there are likely to be a few tweaks.  Nathaniel Clyne and Adam Lallana could also be in contention. Emre Can is available after missing the first leg through suspension.Porto have named a 20-man squad for their trip to Anfield and a number of regular players are absent. Defender Alex Telles and midfielder Danilo Pereira have not been included, while 20-goal striker Moussa Marega is out. Porto B players Luis Mata and Bruno Costa have been included in the travelling panel. Liverpool are unbeaten against Porto, having played them five times in all competitions (W3 D2). Liverpool were one of three unbeaten teams in this season’s Champions League group stages, alongside Barcelona and Tottenham. They have never lost by more than two clear goals at Anfield in the knockout stages of the Champions League.Liverpool’s 5-0 victory over Porto in the first leg was the biggest away win by an English side in the knockout stages of the Champions League.This is one of the ties that were ended in the first leg and Porto is unlikely to get even a draw in this one too as Liverpool have been exceptional at home all season.Prediction: Liverpool 3-1 Porto. Zinedin Zidane has only one injury worry as his Real Madrid side look to get the job done against PSG.PSG vs Real MadridParc de PrincesTuesday, 10:45pmReferee: Felix Brych(Ger)Following the return to training of both Kroos and Modric – although the duo remain doubtful for Tuesday’s contest – defender Jesus Vallejo is the only missing link in Zidane’s squad, with the 21-year-old still sidelined due to injury. Dani Carvajal will get his first crack at PSG this year, after missing the first-leg through suspension.For the hosts, Neymar is the most significant exclusion after it was announced he would face surgery and a three-month wait to return, with it likely Angel Di Maria will take his place. Javier Pastore, meanwhile, is the only other player doubtful within Emery’s ranks, meaning Mbappe is set to start after missing his side’s 2-0 win over Troyes at the weekend. Both experienced midfielders Lassana Diarra and Thiago Motta are available after missing the opening tie through injury.Only 33% of teams to have lost 3-1 away in the first leg of a Champions League knockout tie have progressed to the next round (four out of 12), including three of the past four. Paris St-Germain have eliminated Real Madrid in their two previous knockout encounters (1992-93 Uefa Cup, 1993-94 Cup Winners’ Cup), both times in the quarter-finals. However, Real Madrid are unbeaten in their three previous Champions League encounters with PSG (W2 D1), conceding only one goal.Paris St-Germain have lost only one of their past 46 home games in European competition (W30 D15), against Barcelona in April 2015 (1-3). Real Madrid were the last team to stop PSG from scoring at the Parc des Princes in European competition, in October 2015 (0-0).PSG will have to negotiate past such huddles like it faces tonight against the big boys if they want to start dinning with the elite in Europe. They have the players to do so but they face a team that has been there and done it more than any other in the Champions league. A win at home is very much in their reach but the 3-1 deficit may be too much to overcomePrediction: PSG 3-2 Real Madridlast_img read more

Posted by: | Posted on: November 16, 2019

BCCI writes to ICC: Sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates

first_imgBoard of Control for Cricket in India CEO Rahul Johri has written to ICC asking for security for of Indian players, officials, fans. BCCI in the letter urges the cricketing community to sever ties with countries from where terror emanates.”The communicatoin is being addressed to voice the BCCI’s concerns and sentiments that have emerged after the recent dastardly terrorist attack which was carried out on Indian soil by a terror outfit based out of Pakistan which resulted in the death of 44 (40) Indian security personnel,” Rahul Johroi has written in the letter to ICC.”In view of the aforesaid terrorist attack, BCCI fears for the safety and security of players and match officials particiapting in upcoming ICC events including ICC Cricket World Cup,” Johri adds in the letter.The letter adds,”Most countries from which the members of the ICC hail (including United Kingdom) have strongly condemned this terrorist attack and expressed solidarity with India. BCCI urges the cricketing community to sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates.The BCCI also wishes to express its concerns over the safety and security of fans of Indian cricket at the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.The BCCI trusts that the ICC and ECB will ensure that the most robust security is provided to players, match officials and fans of Indian cricket for the upcoming World Cup. The BCCI reserves all its rights and entitlements in this regard.This communication is being issued for and on behalf of the BCCI by the Committee of Administrators for the BCCI appointed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.”advertisementHere is the full letter – The three-member Committee of Administrators (CoA) met in New Delhi on Firday but even after a four-hour-long meeting, they did not deciede on a stance on whether India should play Pakistan in the 2019 World Cup. COA chief Vinod Rai said that they will consult with the government before it can take a call.”The June 16 (India vs Pakistan) match is very far away. We will take a call on that much later. We will take a decision only after consultations with the government,” COA Chairman Vinod Rai told reporters after the meeting.India Today understands that BCCI officials are also concerned that such a stand might cost them the hosting rights of the 2021 Champions Trophy and the 2023 World Cup.”We’ll write to the ICC expressing our concerns about Pakistan and that security of players, officials and everybody else must be taken care of,” Rai said about the first decision taken at the meeting.”We’re telling the cricket community that in future we must sever ties with nations from where terror emanates,” he said.Also Read | No decision on India-Pakistan World Cup clash yet: Committee of AdministratorsAlso Read | ICC warns BCCI: India likely to lose proposal to ban Pakistan from World CupAlso Read | No decision on India-Pakistan World Cup clash yet: Committee of Administratorslast_img read more

Posted by: | Posted on: August 9, 2019

Rep Lucido continuing commitment to host local coffee hours

first_img State Rep. Pete Lucido of Shelby Township will continue to host “Coffee and Conversation with Pete” during the months of January, February, March, and April.Residents can discuss issues or concerns regarding legislation or problems they may encounter while navigating state government.“I was sent to Lansing to represent you, fight for what is important to you, and most importantly remain accountable,” Lucido said. “The only way that I can do that properly is by talking directly with you and answering any questions you may have.”“Coffee and Conversation with Pete” will be held on the following dates:Shelby TownshipMonday, Jan. 8 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Shelby Township Senior Center, 51670 Van Dyke Road in Shelby Township;Monday, Feb. 5 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Shelby Township Senior Center, 51670 Van Dyke Road in Shelby Township;Monday, March 5 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Shelby Township Senior Center, 51670 Van Dyke Road in Shelby Township; andMonday, April 23 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Shelby Township Senior Center, 51670 Van Dyke Road in Shelby Township.Washington TownshipMonday, Jan. 29 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Washington Township Senior Center, 57880 Van Dyke Road in Washington Township;Monday, Feb. 26 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Washington Township Senior Center, 57880 Van Dyke Road in Washington Township;Monday, March 12 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Washington Township Senior Center, 57880 Van Dyke Road in Washington Township; andMonday, April 30 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Washington Township Senior Center, 57880 Van Dyke Road in Washington Township.No appointment is necessary. Residents who are unable to meet during the scheduled hours may contact Rep. Lucido’s legislative office by calling (888) MICH-REP or by email at PeterLucido@house.mi.gov. Categories: Lucido News 20Dec Rep. Lucido continuing commitment to host local coffee hourslast_img read more

Posted by: | Posted on: August 7, 2019

Deutsche Telekomowned Greek pay TV operator OTE l

first_imgDeutsche Telekom-owned Greek pay TV operator OTE last week launched a new TV everywhere service, OTE Go, making content available on smartphones and tablets. The service includes OTE Replay TV catch-up content and OTE Cinema On Demand. The service has been launched as a pilot to 50,000 subscribers, allowing them to install the app in up to two devices and view content either via their home WiFi network or on the go via WiFi, and 3G and 4G on the Cosmote network.Channels available on the service include OTE Sports, OTE Cinema 1HD, OTE Cinema 2, Fox Life, National Geographic Channel, Dinsey Channel and Disney Junior, as well as national Greek channels.The app is currently available via the Google Play and Apple App stores.“With OTE TV GΟ we enhance our subscribers’ TV experience by offering the option to enjoy top quality content wherever they are via broadband network, fixed and mobile. The service has been developed with high quality standards in order to provide multiple possibilities as per each user’s profile. Today, OTE TV GΟ is available via smartphones and tablets, while very soon our subscribers may also use their desktops or laptops,” said Nikos Kallianis, OTE TV Senior Manager in Product Marketing & Commercial Planning.Separately, OTE has renewed an exclusive deal to air Germany Bundesliga football for the next two years. OTE will air matches from top two German divisions as well as the Supercup and playoffs in each of the leagues.“OTE TV subscribers will continue to watch on OTE TV sport channels all Bundesliga matches, as well as other top Greek and International tournaments, thus enjoying the highest quality sports TV program in Greece. With the quality coverage from our sports media team, our new OTE SPORT studios and the advanced OTE TV GO service, we further enhance OTE TV experience,” said Dimitris Michalakis, OTE TV director.last_img read more